For anyone that is looking to update their bathroom, bathtub and chip repair are among two of the ways that a bathroom can be updated for a relatively reasonable price. While it is recommended that it is done by a professional, a lot of people opt to try and do it on their own.
Here is a breakdown of how to do your bathtub and chip repair
- Clean your bathtub and remove all caulking.
- Mask around the tub and cover areas not to be refinished. Refinishing Technicians are highly aware of the fact that they are in a private residence, so they take precautions to minimize overspray and other mess. Professionals put down drop cloths and covers over cabinets, sinks, fixtures, toilet, etc.
- Remove fixtures and overflow cover.
- Set up ventilation fan to vent overspray and odor outside.
- Lightly sand entire bathtub. Depending on the service you choose, the tub may also be etched with acid to help the coatings adhere.
- Vacuum bathtub to remove debris from the sanding stage.
- Fill chipped, scratched, or worn areas, then sand smooth. If there is extensive damage, the restorer may charge nominal extra fees for this.
- Spray-paint up to 3 coats of a primer; let dry.
- It is likely that you will need somewhere between 3-4 layers of top coat mixture are spray-painted.
- Miracle Method comes back a few days later for a final buffing. Permaglaze does not do this because they say that their process does not lead to imperfections that would necessitate buffing.
Whether you are looking to do your own, or you are considering hiring a professional, bathtub repair in Gainesville Georgia, there are some things that you should be aware of regarding why bathtub and chip repair should be among the top of your list.
- Chip repair in the city of Cumming and bathtub repair in Gainesville Georgia are extremely useful to increase property values.
- Not only can chip and bathtub repair impact property values, but it can also significantly improve the way that your bathroom looks overall.
- Bathtub and chip repair can be done as a do-it-yourself project. That said, it is not the easiest project to take on if you do not have experience in the field.
- If you decide to use a professional, make sure that you find someone that you are comfortable working with, and that will also work with your budget.